Hot Crack Sealing:
Hot Crack Sealing is part of the sealcoating process provided by any reputable asphalt maintenance contractor. However, crack filling and patch repairs can be a separate maintenance service on their own. Asphalt, especially asphalt that has not been properly maintained, will develop large cracks and even pot holes in the surface. B & D sealcoating provides hot and cold Crack Filling along with Asphalt Patching.
Asphalt Crack Filling must be done properly for the fill to properly adhere to the surface and provide a waterproof and chemical barrier that will help maintain the integrity of the asphalt surface.
- All cracks to be filled are cleaned of loose debris, sand, salt etc. using wire wheels and in some cases a Carbide router
- Pot holes are pre-sprayed with petroleum product to enhance patch material adhesion of the bottom and sides of the pot hole
- After preparation, hot rubberized filler is applied to the crack
- In the case of pot hole repair, loose asphalt is used to fill the hole
- The final step in pot hole repair is compaction of the asphalt used to fill the hole
B & D Sealcoating, LLC
214 Grant Lane ~ Caledonia, MN 55921
507-724-3615 ~ 888-724-3615